- Head of the Phonetics Laboratory, Linguistics Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
- professor at Phonetics Department, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
Main research areas:
- disfluency phenomena
- speech production and perception in children
Education, scientific achievements
- 2010: PhD in Phonetics
- 2004–2010: PhD studies in phonetics at ELTE University
- 2004: Specific course on Speech Perception Diagnostics and Therapy
- 1999–2004: Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), Budapest: Hungarian linguistics and literature
- 1999–2004: Experimental and Applied Phonetics specific program; ELTE
- 1995–1999: Radnóti Miklós High School (Dunakeszi)
- Research fellow at the Department of Phonetics in the Research Institute.
- Courses at undergraduate level (ELTE University): experimental and Hungarian phonetics, clinical phonetics, speech production.
Grants and awards
- 2011: Bolyai János Research Grant
- 2008: Award of the Outstanding Young Lecturer given by the Congress of Hungarian Association of Phonetics, Phoniatrics and Logopedics
- 2006: Award of the Outstanding Young Lecturer given by the Congress of Hungarian Association of Phonetics, Phoniatrics and Logopedics
- 2003: Scholarship of Hungarian Republic for Outstanding Student
- since 2012: Hungarian Association of Phonetics, Phoniatrics and Logopedics
- since 2004: Society of Hungarian Linguistics
- since 2004: ISPhS (The International Society of Phonetic Sciences)
- 2017: invited counsulor of International Society of English Phonetics, ISEP
The Hungarian disfluency corpus in the Beszédkutatás issues (since 2004).
- since 2005: Beszédkutatás (The Speech Research Conferences) (organization)
- 2002–2004: Department assistant for the Phonetics Department, ELTE
- 2002: Workshop entitled International Workshop in Phonetics Dedicated to the Memory of Farkas Kempelen (organization)
- 1999–2004: Hungarian Language Days at ELTE (organization)
39 papers in Hungarian and 6 in English; 7 reviews. For the papers in Hungarian see the Hungarian page.
- Viktória Horváth 2011. Function and realization of Hungarian disfluencies. The Phonetician 99/100.2009/12. 77–83. [download]
- Horváth Viktória 2010. Filled pauses in Hungarian: their phonetic form and function. Acta Linguistica Hungarica Vol. 57. (23). 288–306.
- Gósy, Mária – Horváth, Viktória 2010. Changes in articulation accompanying functional changes in word usage. Journal of the International Phonetic Association 40/2. 135–161.
- Gósy Mária – Horváth Viktória 2008. The acoustic-phonetic analysis of two words shifting toward being fillers. Becoming fillers in spontaneous speech of Hungarian. In Sock, Rudolph – Fuchs, Susanne – Laprie, Yves (eds.): Proceedings of the International Speech Production Seminar. Strasbourg. 153–156.
- Horváth Viktória 2006. The tip of the tongue phenomenon with elderly. In Lengyel, Zsolt – Navracsics, Judit (eds.): Selected papers of 8th Summer School of Psycholinguistics. Veszprém.
- Gósy Mária – Horváth Viktória – Csabai Katalin 2006. Disfluencies in the spontaneous speech of normally developed and SLI children. Stem, Sprak- en Taalpathologie 14. 82–84.